Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Tigard Approach

My testimony of Heavenly Father's love for us all grew a tremendous amount this week.

Saturday was a weird day. We spent a lot of time with the Cook Park sisters doing service and a split-blitz in our areas. Around this time, the sisters were getting calls from this landline number and the guy talking was hard to understand (maybe an Asian accent?) but would only ever say his name and number. It was very strange. However, a call is a call and any missionary loves to get an investigator to call them! The next time the guy called, it was someone else who clearly set up an appointment for 8 that night. The sisters frantically called EVERYONE in their ward to get someone to come since they cant go in a man's home alone. NO ONE could come. Some of them felt uncomfortable going. At this time, I had a thought that maybe sister Arm and I could go with them. I quickly dismissed the thought because I knew that was just strange. However, Sister Arm later asked me the same thing. This time I didn't dismiss it and I asked Sister Martin what she thought. She normally would have said no also but decided to ask our district leader anyways. He was hesitant but said if we had to, we could go. He later texted and asked for the address "just in case." We didn't get why everyone was so worried. After all, we do this everyday. None of us felt bad about it and we knew we would if it was a bad situation. The sisters planned to ride their bikes over and set up another appointment while on the doorstep. 

We pulled up and immediately an Asian guy walked out and said the other guy was "over there." The guy walked behind us as we knocked on the door. Immediately, the guy opened the door while we watched a third guy pacing behind the second. The guy at the door was wearing sunglasses, a hat, gloves, and a heavy coat.. AT NIGHT. We all began to feel a bit uneasy and the guy hesitated, looked almost behind us, then said he didn't remember calling us but the sisters could come back next Saturday, same time. We got in the car and it all began to dawn on us:

This didn't come out of no where. These guys had been planning this the last few days. They expected two girls to come to their door, the guy behind us could have easily pushed them in the house and they could all take car of them. NO ONE would have known because we would have never asked to come and therefore the district leader wouldn't have known either. No one would realize they were missing until Sunday afternoon. We had to go with them because it a good number. They could have easily taken on three people too. While in the church afterwards, I commented that it wasn't just 4 of us there. We all were stunned as the Holy Ghost testified of the truthfulness in my words. There were definitely angels around us at the door. Whatever the guys saw, there was more than 4 of us. The ward mission leader sent in a report for suspicion. Yesterday the guys called again and we were told be the police that it is a mental illness home. The caregiver must be out on Saturday evenings because the caregiver was not there that night.

I testify to you all that Heavenly Father is there. He does care for us and loves us so much and will protect us as long as we are living worthy for the Holy Ghost and heed the promptings we are given. We would not be here, the cook park sisters would definitely not be here, if not for a loving Heavenly Father. Always be worthy of the Holy Ghost. There is no other way to be safe in this crazy world. 

I love you all and thank you for everything you do for me and the letters/emails I receive! Have a blessed week! We are thankfully going to be celebrating Sister Martin's birthday today! Also, transfers are today. The Cook Park sisters and us are staying! Wahoo!

-Love, Sister Waite 
Our district! Elder Turnbow (far left) is going home! Everyone else is staying in our areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment